Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hirschmanns Take Barcelona


I haven't updated my blog in forever!  But here is an update of my amazing  time with my family a few weekends ago.   They first came to London and then we all flew to Spain together.  We were all extremely tired from the start, me from my Paris trip and them from jet lag from the USA.  Nonetheless, we persevered to take Barcelona!


The first day we took it easy and hung around the hotel during the day.   I was in love with the palm trees, beach and weather in the 60s which was very different than the other places I have been visiting.   We all took muchhh needed naps before our late dinner.  We went to a seafood restaurant which was delicious.  The best part about it was when they brought a lobster and fish out for Will and Stephen to see if the size was okay.  They were bigger than their heads!  


The following day we walked along the beach from our hotel towards the city centre.  We went on Las Rambas, which is a beautiful and busy street filled with cafes, gift shops, and a huge Spanish market.  The market had everything you could imagine.  Gigantic fish, loads of fruits and vegetables, and tons of candy.   To my brothers dismay, we hopped on a double decker tourist bus.  My parents and I put on the head phones like true tourists while they listened to their own music.   Barcelona is filled with amazing architecture and stunning buildings.

At night we had another amazing meal, which was technically our Thanksgiving dinner, at a Argentinian steak house.  It was a real treat after not having steak for a while.  After dinner we stopped by an ice-bar near our hotel.  We had to see just how cold it was and what all the hype was about.  It was indeed ice cold even with my own jacket and the puffy one they provided!  We stayed less than 10 minutes before we headed out.


For our final day in Barcelona did some more sight seeing.  We first stopped at the basilica de la Sagrada Familia which is famous for its architecture by Gaudi.  


We hopped on another tour bus and headed up the mountain.  When we reached as far as the bus could go we had to take a cable car to the very top.   It was a breath taking view of the entire city of Barcelona and we could see the Mediterranean as well.   It was a confusing to see a church and an amusement park in the same area, but all of it was impressive.



This trip was much needed after missing my family so much.  It was one of the first times in a while the five of us were on vacation together just us.  What a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment