Saturday, November 10, 2012

Portobello Market

One of the popular weekend markets here in London is the Portobello Market.  Here you'll find a mix of vintage vendors and new labels selling a variety of things.  Two things that I saw the most:  leather and fur.   Almost every vendor had a least one vintage leather or fur coat.  You can also find lots of leather bags, shoes and unique jewelry.  According to our styling professor, you can sometimes find famous designers wandering the market looking for inspiration for their own collections.

My friends and I all went our separate ways to explore and somehow we all managed to buy something from the same women.  She has her own label, Mu Du London, and had beautiful hats and accessories that we all fell in love with.  The best part about the market is that the prices are good  and you can usually get them even lower, especially when you mention you are a student.


I got a wool felt hat with a black ribbon around it.  I have been trying on this style of hat every time I see it at a store, and I finally decided to get one.  I love the camel color and I think it will go with a lot.  I also found purple leather gloves at this market last time I went.  The gloves were perfect for my Kate Middleton Halloween costume and I also used them for a photo shoot in my styling class.

Besides the clothing and accessories, the food is also incredible.  We all got lunch from a french food truck called "Le Rac Chack."   They gave you a bowl of potatoes, vegetables, and a meat and then melt cheese right on top of it.  Delicious!  After that I had to try this "luxury" hot chocolate, and I must say it was as good as it sounded.   There were even toppings to put on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment