Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Somerset House


Somerset House is a beautiful centre for arts and activities right in the heart of London.  Many exhibits are held there, as well as ice skating in the winter, but most importantly London Fashion Week!  Unfortunately London Fashion Week happened right before I got here.


Last week I went with my styling class to Someret House to see a Tim Walker exhibit, a legendary fashion photographer.  Tim started at Vogue at  age 25 with his first fashion shoot there and has continued to prove himself.  His imagination comes through in his pictures and you can see the fairytale that was going through his mind.

My favorite photo!
Tim's photos include clothing from haute couture designers such as Chanel, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Jil Sander, Jean Paul Gautier, and the list goes on and on.  The pictures are fun and whimsical but still show off the beautiful clothing.  He also has done portraits of many famous fashion editors and models.  There are a lot of recent photos with Kate Moss.


I would definitely recommend looking up some of his work because it is so fun to look at!  
I know they make me smile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment